If you enjoy creamy pastas full of fresh seafood then this recipe is definitely worth considering. A quick recipe that you can whip up in under half an hour.
We used farfalle pasta but you could easily use your favorite; fettuccine or spaghetti are both great options. A hollow pasta such as ziti or penne is also good because the sauce will end up inside the pasta – every mouthful of pasta will include creamy deliciousness!
As with most recipes, choosing good quality shrimp will really help with the quality of the dish. You can use fresh oysters if you prefer but the canned variety will work great and it will save you some serious cash.
For more delicious oyster recipes check out our favorite oyster recipes.
How to make a seafood pasta
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 25 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 13 oz (375g) fresh pasta
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 brown onion (chopped)
- 1 cup white wine
- 12 large shrimps
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 80z can oysters
- Chopped fresh cilantro or parsley, to serve
- Add oil to a large skillet and heat on medium-high. Add garlic and onion then cook until soft (3-5 minutes).
- Pour in the white wine and heat until boiling. Reduce heat to a simmer then add shrimps and cook for 2-4 minutes or until the shrimps change color. Transfer the shrimp to a separate bowl so that they don’t over cook.
- Add the cream to the skillet and heat until boiling. Reduce to a simmer and cook until the cream thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and add pasta. Cook until al dente then remove from heat and strain out water.
- Stir in the sauce, shrimp and oysters with the pasta.
- Add to individual dishes and garnish with cilantro or parsley.
Note: If you can’t or won’t use wine in this recipe then be sure to check out our best alternatives for cooking wine.
Here’s another video recipe for oyster pasta.